miércoles, 19 de abril de 2023

Stained teeth

I couldn’t avoid a good old black coffee.
        Sometimes, an unavoidable sugar temptation was necessary to grant some extra energy points, but I often preferred just a simple black sugarless coffee, disgusting and hopefully boiling. The ones that you got to wait to taste it, trembling to know if you burn your lips with it.

        Cups always fell, spilling all over the place. That’s when I start using a gift from a friend: a mug from a well know brand of coffee. Was cheaper than buy a new one and also, way more nostalgic. I always have been more practical anyways.
        In any case, in excess, coffee is bad for your health. Also, sugar, drinking water from a kettle, limescale from a kettle, polypropylene that comes off from the mug due to constant use, that nasty ass Nestle coffee cream powder, those cigarettes that came after so you can have that dirt taste on your mouth… As I said, I’m a simple taste guy. Who doesn’t want a little bit of poison? Add another nail to the coffin? Whatever. At this point, we have way worst demons to fight.

        I finish another journal this way. Without any ink in the pen, that a dear friend gave me years ago, who left this world way to early. I even thought it was my fault. That I broke her heart when she knew, somehow, that I was having a relationship with someone else. Maybe not. Maybe I’m just overthinking. I’ll face her grave in a few days, if I find it. A hunch tells me that’s going to be an awful idea if I talk to any relative about my mission, to know where she is. I prefer to find out by myself, asking to the gravedigger in the country’s largest cemetery.
        A leap of faith, a needle in the haystack, looking for a stalemate in chess, the move that Meruem needed to defeat Netero. I will not fail this time. Fucking ink; it ran out in the worst possible time.

        Nevertheless, I was enjoying being in the ghost’s mouth. Slave skeletons were always a sign: they call me. The tide and the waves call me.

Yeah, I was devastated.

I pick’d up my pieces every day; they fell from my hands every night.

Yeah. I was alive.